Andrej Šoltýs is a founding partner of the law firm Šoltýs & Korniet. In his practice he mainly specialises in real estate law and development projects, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust law, and consumer law.
After graduating from the Faculty of Law of Comenius University in Bratislava in 2001, he worked as an articled clerk and since 2004 as a lawyer in the international law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and later in the major Czech law firm Havel & Holásek. He participated in both the corporate and the antitrust aspects of several transactions carried out by foreign investors in the Slovak Republic, especially in information technology, retail business, construction industry, power engineering, and real estate. He published the Analyses of the Rulings of the European Court of Justice in the EMP magazine and articles focused on antitrust law in the newsletter “e-competitions review”.
Some of major mandates carried out by Andrej Šoltýs in his practice include the following:
- comprehensive legal advice and support to a Slovak development group in the construction of residential complexes in Bratislava and the western Slovakia;
- leadership of a legal advisory team responsible for the Slovak part of the due diligence and transaction resulting in the formation of a joint venture between major publishing groups;
- legal analyses and the representation of a major Slovak transport company in litigations with the elements of antitrust and bankruptcy law;
- legal advice to a foreign client operating in the field of cosmetics in one of the first antitrust settlement in Slovakia;
- legal advice to a client specialised in private equity in auditing a land legal solution for a solar power plant project, as well as in drafting and negotiating bridging and subordinated loan agreements;